Have you experienced this weird problem? It most probably occurs when you develop your wordpress blog in your local server and upload the blog to your Internet web server. I too faced this problem when I uploaded my blog to my Internet server. Here’s how I got around it.
To rectify this problem in my way ( 😉 ) you need access to the database which is used by your blog. I used phpMyAdmin to access the database of the blog. You can use any other tool you like. You need to edit an entry in a table of the database to rectify the problem.
First access the database and go to the table named wp_options ( sometimes this could be named as options too). There , you will find an entry named siteurl . You will see that this entry has the value( option_value) http://localhost/yourWpFolder . You need to edit this entry to your blogs URL. As an example, in my case I edited it as http://blog.ishans.info . After setting the value, click on Go and you’ll get a message saying the change was successfully done. Now you’ll see that “http://mySite.xxx/wp-admin” address is working.
But it’s not over yet. You need to set another setting in wordpress settings too. Log in as the Administrator to the wordpress dash board and go to Settings . In here you’ll see that the entry WordPress address (URL) is set to “http://mySite.xxx” , but the entry Site address (URL) is still http://localhost/yourWpFolder . So you need to set the Site address (URL) entry to “http://mySite.xxx” .
Thats it…!. Now save your settings and you’ll see that the whole site is working perfectly ( If it doesn’t have any other errors of course 😉 )…..! 😀